Being active through a balanced fitness program contributes to your well-being at any age. But regular exercise can do wonders for seniors as it can help control blood pressure, improve immune function and reduce the risk of several chronic conditions including osteoporosis and colon cancer.
Exercise has also been associated with improvements in cognitive function and can also help combat insomnia and other sleep disorders, leading to a deeper and better quality sleep.
Be as Active as Possible
· Cardio endurance activities such as walking or swimming can improve heart and lung health and build stamina.
· Strength exercises by using weights or elastic bands builds muscle, improves balance and helps alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
· Balance exercises such as Yoga can help prevent the most common and most dangerous problem for seniors – falls.
· Flexibility exercises can keep the body agile by stretching the muscles and help increase the range of movement for ordinary physical activities.
How Home Care can Help
Qualicare’s skilled Nurses and Caregivers provides 24/7 family homecare services for all ages and levels of care. Our trained caregivers can help improve the quality of life for you or your loved one through:
· Exercise programs can help increase mobility and make certain day-to-day activities easier for seniors such as climbing stairs, opening jars, or carrying groceries.
· In-home care after being discharged from the hospital from a severe fall or other injuries
· Our brain health program, Brain Workout Plus, that helps those suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s through the use of non-invasive, drug-free and clinically-proven therapies.
At Qualicare Big Sky, our mission is to improve quality of life. We understand the importance of keeping your body strong and limber. What may seem like very small changes resulting from exercise and physical activity can have a big impact, boosting energy and maintaining health, the mind and independence.
Talk with a Home Care Professional.
If you would like more information on how our homecare services can help you or a loved one, call us today at (406) 551-6700 to book your free in-home assessment, or visit us at our booth at the Bozeman Senior Expo 2016, http://www.bozemanseniorexpo.com/, on October 29, 2016 from 10 am – 3pm.